Visited to Kamaishi Daikannon for New Year's Visit 1.19,2024

Sachiki-san and I visited to Kamaishi Daikannon for New Year's visit after Matsunouchi, the new year week, had passed, avoiding the crowds of New Year's visit.

We can bring our pets into the precinct of the temple, and as long as we hold them or keep them in cages, we can take the escalator beside the approach, enter the stupa, and the Kannon statue. We can't go into the store with our pets.

This Kannon statue is 48.5m tall and has an observatory on its chest, which corresponds to the 12th floor of a building, allowing we to view the scenery from a height of 120m above sea level.

I didn't have the confidence to walk in the building with Sachiki-san in my arms, let alone climb up to the 12th floor, so I didn't go inside the building or the Kannon statue, but I did take a walk with Sachiki-san along the approach and in the precinct, looked out at Kamaishi Bay.


This place is designated as a Lover's Sanctuary, so I prayed the Kannon-sama to help Sachiki-san and me stay together happily ever after.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cherry Blossoms at Tenshochi have Started Blooming 4.11, 2024

The cherry blossoms at Tenshochi in Kitakami City, one of the three major cherry blossom viewing spots in Tohoku, have begun to bloom. Sachi...