The Cherry Blossoms at Tenshochi have Started Blooming 4.11, 2024

The cherry blossoms at Tenshochi in Kitakami City, one of the three major cherry blossom viewing spots in Tohoku, have begun to bloom. Sachiki-san and I went to see it early because it gets crowded during the peak viewing season. It's been about 10 years since I saw the cherry blossoms at Tenshochi. The cherry trees at Tenshochi are planted on the east bank of the Kitakami River for about 2 km. The last time I saw the cherry blossoms here, I looked across the Kitakami River from the opposite bank, so I didn't notice that there was a large grassy area, a SL (steam locomotive) was on display and there was a dock.

The SL on display is C58 342
Together with the SL, a snowplow car is also on display. It had been used on the Kitakami Line, which runs through areas with heavy snowfall.
While I was looking at the SL and the snowplow car, I forgot that I had come to see the cherry blossoms. (lol)

A large grassy area. The row of cherry trees looks far away.
The cherry blossoms are still in deep pink buds.

The dock looks like a set for a historical drama.

Sachiki-san relaxed under the cherry trees, where there were still few people.


During the Sakura Festival, a parking fee of 500 yen will be required as a cooperation fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shidarezakura-Weeping Cherry Blossoms in Morioka Central Park Looked Like Waterfalls 4.23, 2024

Many Shidarezakura-weeping cherry trees are planted in Morioka Central Park. Now Someiyoshino cherry blossoms has passed its peak, the Shida...